Web development is the building and maintenance of websites; it’s the work that happens behind the scenes to make a website look great, work fast and perform well with a seamless user experience.
Web developers, or ‘devs’, do this by using a variety of coding languages. The languages they use depends on the types of tasks they are preforming and the platforms on which they are working.
Web development skills are in high demand worldwide and well paid too – making development a great career option. It is one of the easiest accessible higher paid fields as you do not need a traditional university degree to become qualified.
Front-End and Back-End Development
The backend developer engineers what is going on behind the scenes. This is where the data is stored, and without this data, there would be no frontend. The backend of the web consists of the server that hosts the website, an application for running it and a database to contain the data.
Web solution is a program distributed over a network (typically a corporate intranet or the Internet the same platform) and accessible through a common web browser.
Examples range from the company website, the thematic portals, platforms for e-commerce, the ERP.
The realization of a web solution offers many advantages:
- is available everywhere (in the case is hosted on the Internet) via a web browser;
- no need to install anything: web browsers are natively installed on all computers and smartphones;
- is easily upgradable: updating the Web Solution all users immediately benefit from the new features;
- lower demand for resources: the computing power required is given by the power of the server where the application resides;
- generally the Web Solution also integrates other ambient such as Mobile.